Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed Debian (woody) on my P3 700 machine like 10 times now using both my CD and using a network install (and a different video card and different ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Theme does not contain themerc nor...

I have installed Debian (woody) on my P3 700 machine like 10 times now using both my CD and using a network install (and a different video card and different configs etc etc). Everything works except themes. When trying to initalize one I get the message-

"Theme does not contain a .themerc nor a theme file."

I have scoured the WWW looking for an answer and all I ever see is "this was fixed with the upgrade" Well it's NOT fixed (and I assume the network install would be the newest of everything) and I have no clue how to go about it. I even went so far as to install additional themes and while they all install, none work.

Could anyone give me a SIMPLE method of addressing this issue? I'm pretty new at this command line stuff but can manage the apt-get thing and some other simple stuff

TIA,

Jimi_l

Just Joined!
    HEY!! I have that same problem with my themes! Did you ever get it resolved yet?

Debian is not known for cuttin edge packages, its stable. try downloading the tarball from the site and using that.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    It turned out to be a package conflict (I think).
    What I did was install cleanly leaving out most everything optional. The themes then worked OK and I added additional stuff as I needed it.

Jimi_l

Just Joined!
    Interesting....Cuz I too installed almost every package available