Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, Ubuntu 7.04 desktop Opera 9.22 Can ActiveX be added to Opera? Some public sites need it on the browser visiting them. If NO, is there a solution. TIA ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

About adding ActiveX on Opera

Hi folks,

Ubuntu 7.04 desktop
    Opera 9.22

Can ActiveX be added to Opera? Some public sites need it on the browser visiting them. If NO, is there a solution. TIA

B.R.
    satimis

Just Joined!

Cool

Here are some information from the Opera support pages about ActiveX.

ActiveX doesn't support other platforms than Windows as it seems, so it looks impossible. On a Windows system you can make the Internet Explorer engine run within Opera and therefor use ActiveX. Read more at the page I linked to above.

Johnny Rosenberg

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by guraknugen View Post
    Here are some information from the Opera support pages about ActiveX.

ActiveX doesn't support other platforms than Windows as it seems, so it looks impossible. On a Windows system you can make the Internet Explorer engine run within Opera and therefor use ActiveX. Read more at the page I linked to above.

Johnny Rosenberg
    Hi Johnny,

Tks for your advice and URL.

After having tried a couple days I further discover that in addition those sites need the visiting browers with MS Virtual Machine enabled. Sun java does not work. W/o MS VM some icons with embedded links disappear. This is the difficult part.

B.R.
    satimis