Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I've reciently downloaded and installed Mandrake-Linux 10.0 and I am fairly new to linux. I want to install some additional packages from inside KDE. When I select the extra ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Installing aditional packages MANDRAKE 10.0

Hi, I've reciently downloaded and installed Mandrake-Linux 10.0 and I am fairly new to linux. I want to install some additional packages from inside KDE. When I select the extra packages I want then goto install it asks me to put each CD in, including CD4, which is not available to me from any download sites I've come across. If I cancle when it gets up to CD4 it closes the program and no packages are installed. Im wondering if anyone in here can tell me where a .ISO of CD4 is available or how to get round this problem, any help is appricated.
    Thanks

James.

Linux Engineer
    Go here

http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php

and follow the instructions to set up additional sources for rpms.

Then go into the software section of mandrake control centre and remove cd 4 from the list of sources. Then anything previously required from cd4 should be drawn from an internet source instead.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Linux Guru
    As I've heard, you don't actually need CD4. Just press cancel and you should be fine. At least that's what I've heard. I think it's some kind of bug in the installer or likewise that makes it ask for CD4 although it doesn't actually need it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks mate, everythings working. It now downloads all packages from internet and doesnt look for cds. The list of packages has been changed by the process.

James

Linux Engineer
    Be aware that unless you've removed the cd source from the list then it may start asking for you to input the cd depending upon what software's been requested.

But glad to hear it's working.

Up the penguin!
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly