Find the answer to your Linux question:
I use Suse 9.1 with KDE 3.2 and XMMM as soundplayer. It worked fine after installation, but for some reason it's menues are now very over sized so that they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

XMMS menu is to big

I use Suse 9.1 with KDE 3.2 and XMMM as soundplayer. It worked fine after installation, but for some reason it's menues are now very over sized so that they dont fit the screen. Therefor I can't see the options or click any "okay" or "cancel" buttons inside the options menu...I have tried to remove the XMMS configfile, and also the whole .XMMS directory in my /home dir to clear any wrong settings. But thast dont change anything.
    What can I do ?

Linux Engineer
    Do you mean the preferences window? if so then hold ALT and right click anywhere on the window whilst dragging the mouse.. it will resize the window.

Just Joined!
    I tried what you suggested but nothing happened.
    The menu I'm refering to is the one you get from clicking in the upper left corner of XMMS.
    Insted of looking like this:
    ---------
    About XMMS
    ----------
    Play File
    ----------
    Play Directory
    ----------

It now looks like this:

---------

About XMMS

----------

Play File

----------

Play Directory

----------

A huge menu that won't fit the screen...unusable...I tried to reinstall the program but it didn't change anything either. Does it have anything to do with KDE? I have all fonts set to "default".

Linux Engineer
    without a screenshot i cant be sure what you mean but it could well be the windowmanager (i dont like kde) try fluxbox.