Find the answer to your Linux question:
So now that it's a few weeks later, my friend has helped me get Gaim up and running. I can't get my MSN account to work though. When I try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

SSL Problem with MSN Account on Gaim

So now that it's a few weeks later, my friend has helped me get Gaim up and running. I can't get my MSN account to work though. When I try to connect it, I get this error:

SSL support is needed for MSN. Please install supported SSL library. See http://gaim.sf.net/faq-ssl.php for more information.

I went here, and there was no information for SuSE 9.1, which is what I'm running. I know that OpenSSL is not compatible. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Just Joined!
    Hey, if anyone's wondering... I ended up getting it figured out. It's just a matter of adding a line into a file. Email me if there are questions.

Just Joined!
    Here we go... several people have emailed me to ask how to work this out. It's pretty easy. This is from the Gaim FAQ:

Q. The MSN plugin won't load, but I have Mozilla NSS!

A. Some distributions, including Slackware, install Mozilla NSS to a non-standard directory. The fix is simple. Edit /etc/ld.so.conf and add /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4 (or whatever version you're using, but it's usually 1.4) to the file, and run ldconfig as root. Then re-run configure and recompile Gaim. You may also need to specify where the include file are for NSS and NSPR, see ./configure --help for the options.

You can find this at:
    http://gaim.sourceforge.net/faq.php#q63

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close