Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am running ubuntu 7.04 with gaim 2.0.0 beta 6. Is it possible to send files to my friends with windows? Because now whenever I try to send something the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can Gaim send files to Aim on Windows?

I am running ubuntu 7.04 with gaim 2.0.0 beta 6. Is it possible to send files to my friends with windows? Because now whenever I try to send something the transfer cancels. The strange part is that I can receive files from them. Please help, thank you!

Just Joined!
    So it is impossible I assume?

oz
    forum.guy
    I don't use either of them so don't know for sure, but it looks like they are compatible according to this page:

filehippo.com / Pidgin
    oz

I know that Gaim 1.x had a lot of problems with file transfers. According to the Pidgin FAQ, they are now supported up to 4 GB.

Since you can receive, just not send, it may be some sort of firewall issue. I don't know the exact solution, but maybe this will help you on the right path.

You should be able to send messages to anyone on any OS. However, I do remember early in the days of freelance IMs, AOL and MSN were putitng up a fight and making updates to the software so that people using the freelance IMs could not communicate with their servers. If you're having problems, this might be the case.

I would try Pidgin. It's the new Gaim... Gaim had to change names because AOL was threatening lawsuit... I don't know for sure but I think Pidgin is only going to be supported now.
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206