Find the answer to your Linux question:
hello and hi to everybody...hi yall...look there nuthin' wrong with teh program actually but its me...look i'm living in malaysia and i don't know how to choose or to use ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

xawtv problem

hello and hi to everybody...hi yall...look there nuthin' wrong with teh program actually but its me...look i'm living in malaysia and i don't know how to choose or to use the frequency table...i've selected the all freaquency table and search for the god damn channel but i still can't find any live channel...i'm using the xawtv 3.74 i think...and i'm switchin' the PAL-NC and other **** too...but it didn't work out...so..somebody can help me pull me out...it's kinda tough...so that's all thanx

Linux Enthusiast
    right click on the xawtc window and it will show you a menu and you can change your settings there, other that that, not sure what to tell you. mine works great and required virtually no configuring.

Just Joined!
    it's me again and i would like to cut it to short...the thing is...i'm using the xawtv progam i can run the program..the program run smoothly...but the problem is the frequency table...ok...i'm now in Malaysia but the table doesn't have malaysian frequency table...so if some expert can tell me what is the compatible table or i can download another frequency table...u know another add-on...someone plz help me to break this **** off...

Linux Guru
    I don't think many people in the world know the frequency tables for all countries. You had better check with your government about such things.

Linux Enthusiast
    yeah, it would be difficult to help with that problem, I am about a world away here in Canada.
    check with local settings and configurations or you could look at the xawtv site and see if there are faq's or a forum for that specifically.

Just Joined!
    look..it juz something like this..ok umm...when i turn on the tv program using windows..and i switch to channel 9 for example..then when later i run linux and i execute the xawtv program the screen display the channel 9 as i run previously in the windows session..then in linux i cannot change the channel..and the program fixed at the channel 9..i can't change it..even i have choosen the frequenct table it's useless..hmmmpphhh..i'm so unhappy right now cause of the problem