Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Does anyone know of any linux web page editors that are like frontpage or dreamweaver? Something that i can build a web page with and see what im doing instead ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux Graphical Web Page Editors

Does anyone know of any linux web page editors that are like frontpage or dreamweaver? Something that i can build a web page with and see what im doing instead of screwing around typing the code out. Any help would be appriciated.

Linux Engineer
    Sounds like nvu will be right up your street.

http://www.nvu.com/
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the suggestion. Ive got it opened up and it is indeed what im looking for. However, it doesnt want to open php files and it changed my code around a few times when I saved it.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or know of any editors that support php files?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    How about Quanta ?

Linux Engineer
    He's not really after a coder as such.

Dreamweaver works a treat with Crossover plugin.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Just Joined!
    You still got to hard code things. With like dreamweaver you can hit a button and get a 4x4 table for example and then size with your mouse. Plus i tried to open an exsisting php file from my webserver and it said "not a project file". I guess when you move to linux you must do all tasks the hardway. What takes one step on windows = 30 steps on *nix. No excuse for it...

Linux Newbie
    Yeah, unfortunately it's sometimes a trade-off between power and ease of use.

yeah but programming by just clicking a button is no way to program. i find it really boring to do any kind of programming by just clicking a button it is so much more fun and interesting if you actually code the stuff yourself IMHO but that is just a programmers view on that
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Just Joined!
    I can understand what your saying. With me though, its alot quicker for me to see what Im doing and get the job done without spending all day doing it. Plus I dont know all html there is to know. I can cut/fix or modify things when needed but when it comes down to coding a full webpage, I cant. Plus I dont care to learn. Ill learn over time when I have to go in and manually fix something but im not going to sit and read a full tutoral over it. Its just my preferance. Besides, the applicaiton im doing, I do get to do nothing but coding. Im teaching myself php. What im trying to accomplish with the editor is to make a frame, like 1 column and 4 rows and display user info in it. I want to make the page layout with an editor then go into the raw html and drop the php where I need to.

well that makes sense. i will see what i can find for you. but if you ever need html help if we cant find a good graphical editor then let me know or someone else and we can try to help out

edit: what did you use for this in windows thanks
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast