Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Guys. The first thing I think was how easy any simple the installation was of fetchmail. But next step was to configure Fetchmail that was something else because I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    ais
    Just Joined!

Red face Fetchmail & Exchange 2003

Hello Guys.

The first thing I think was how easy any simple the installation was of fetchmail. But next step was to configure Fetchmail that was something else because I couldnt find any instructions or guides to how to set fetchmail to get mails from my exchange server 2003.

First of all this happning inside my network. The reason to I will use fetchmail is to get mails from one of my exchange accounts.

My config file look like this.
    Code:
    set no bouncemail
    set no spambounce
    poll 192.168.1.22 proto pop3 user "DOMAIN\USER" password "password"
    Error messages.
    Code:
    fetchmail: Cleartext login on this server requries the use of transport level security (SSL/TLS)
    fetchmail: Authorisation failure on "DOMAIN\USER"@192.168.1.22

The account is active and availeble. And my exchange server is set to use SSL/TLS. But how I can write that on my fetchmail config?

Somebody that can help me a little ?

Best Regards

AIS

Just Joined!
    Hello Ais,

I don't have really experience with this, but in this fetchmail manual you can find something about the ssl configuration.

But maybe it's easier to enable normal pop3 and not only pop3s on your Exchange server.

Then you can just use you current config file.

Paul