Find the answer to your Linux question:
I use Ubuntu Feisty, and Open Office. However, I only ever use Write and Calc. Is it possible to delete the remaining portions of Office and not lose Write or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Open Office questions

I use Ubuntu Feisty, and Open Office. However, I only ever use Write and Calc. Is it possible to delete the remaining portions of Office and not lose Write or Calc?

Will AbiWord and Gnumeric make pdf files? If so, I might just switch to them. Thanks!
    Dan

oz
    forum.guy
    I've seen this question before and don't think you can delete the unwanted portions of OpenOffice. Maybe someone will jump in with a correction if that's wrong.
    oz

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    On SUSE, Mandriva and Fedora, you can pick and choose the OOo components you want. I am not so sure about Ubuntu. You could try to uninstall the components you do not need using synaptic and see if it willlet you remove them.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by daark.child View Post
    You could try to uninstall the components you do not need using synaptic and see if it willlet you remove them.
    I just removed Base this way in Debain Etch - worked perfectly. With openoffice.org-base went packages openoffice.org and openoffice.org-evolution.

kai