Find the answer to your Linux question:
im not sure what is up with it exactly, ive run it like usual and it doesnt come up, so i run it in console and get this: "wxPython is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

bittornado client has ceased functioning

im not sure what is up with it exactly, ive run it like usual and it doesnt come up, so i run it in console and get this:

"wxPython is either not installed or has not been installed properly."

which i get nothing from apt-cache search on wxPython, and i dont have it.

but its worked fine in the past, so im left to wonder if maybe its something i have recently installed.
    my recent installs were thttpd, and zeroconf. i have uninstalled both, but the problem persists.

any idea what i should do?

Just Joined!
    ok, this is realy bothering me. i tried replacing it with qtorrent, rtorrent, and some others, none of them have what bittornado has. i miss my bittornado.

how could this have happened? i looked over its code, when it tries to load wxpython.wx and fails it send that error. i dont even know where to start to see if it exists, im running debian btw (which i saw in another topic i should have it installed anyway) so is it just not seeing it? how can i confirm if it exists?

surely someone knows something on this topic. am i not being specific enough, is there more details i can give? i realy realy want this program to work.

Linux Newbie
    Hi,
    which distro are you using? In fedora you can install install pxPython by using yum. Im sure you can do the same with your distro's package manager. Just for the record, when i was installing deluge, i saw a dependency named something like wxpy. i think its something related to python. but not sure. may be are missing that.

May be you should try out deluge, it has encryption feature, UPnP port forwading, µTorrent Peer Exchange and many more features that onelikes to be in a torrent app. it is very fast too.

Nabaachy

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    im using debian linux lenny i believe.

Linux Newbie
    I have no experience for debian, but i think in terminal you have to type sudo apt-get install package_name . you also can go to this site and download the rpms that it is missing, for your distro. rpmseek.com - Die Suchmaschine für Linux rpm und Debian Pakete
    sorry that i was not much a big help for you. Did you consider installing deluge. from there site .deb rpm is also available.

peace.

Nabaachy