Find the answer to your Linux question:
i just reinstalled gentoo b/c X(free) didn't work after tinkering with a ati radeon card that i later returned...so, now ive got a new gentoo system and a matrox g400 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

xorg errors

i just reinstalled gentoo b/c X(free) didn't work after tinkering with a ati radeon card that i later returned...so, now ive got a new gentoo system and a matrox g400 pci dual'headed card and X(free) doesn't work, it has a bunch of unresolved symbols and then sig 11. Hoping that X(free) was just crap on my system for some reason i removed it and installed Xorg. same problem...bunch of unresolved symbols and a sig 11. Xorg -configure doesn't even work. Any ideas? (i really dont wanna put all the error up here b/i i would have to type it seeing as im on a different computer)
    Powered by Gentoo
    never ever ever use the hardened option in make.conf!

Linux Newbie
    hmmm.... just saw that there is a desktop related forum...maybe i should've posted this there...
    Powered by Gentoo
    never ever ever use the hardened option in make.conf!

If there is no way that you can get the error log to post without retyping it (ftp?), can you at least type a few pertinent lines? It's hard to debug an problem without the exact error.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Newbie
    here is my log file.