Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Our College is installing antivirus for Linux, Fedora Core 3 on 4 clients and a waiter. I can download and establish Avast-Home Edition (Free), but when I seek to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem in anti virus installing on linux

Hi, Our College is installing antivirus for Linux, Fedora Core 3 on 4 clients and a waiter. I can download and establish Avast-Home Edition (Free), but when I seek to operate it, the alone manner it will make is by scanning simply the house directory, measure read. If I seek to read the whole structure and/or make an exhaustive read, the structure freezes. It will engage upward the whole computer and not know the keyboard or mouse so the alone manner to closure is to have the ability button. Every moment I reboot, Avast makes me re-insert the enrollment key before allowing me approach to the scanner. I have already uninstalled all past versions/downloads of antivirus as easily. Guide me, thanks in progress.

Just Joined!
    I usually do not use antivirus on my Linux installation. But can give a tip: Try to run it as a root. I do not know what command here in Ubuntu we use gksudo or kdesu for root previlages.
    Otherwise there are Panda Antivirus, AVGfree for Linux and Clamwin why not you try out them?
    Regards

Check this Short Security Guide too.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First