Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI, does anybody knows something about KDE changes? Are they planning to make Dolphin the default file manager instead of Konqueror? In my opinion, it would be an unrecoverable loss. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Dolphin or Konqueror

HI,
    does anybody knows something about KDE changes? Are they planning to make Dolphin the default file manager instead of Konqueror?
    In my opinion, it would be an unrecoverable loss. I've faced this new FM in Kubuntu 7.10, but it doesn't look usefull at all.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

dolphin should be the default FM in KDE 4.
    i think dolphin is better file manager but meny people will miss the functions of webbrowser like in konqueror...

AFAIK, KDE developers are not going to remove any feature from Konqueror, They are just introducing an alternative file manager, dolphin.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    AFAIK, KDE developers are not going to remove any feature from Konqueror, They are just introducing an alternative file manager, dolphin.
    Yeah, Casper, I read an article on it the other day that said exactly that. It appears that anyone liking Konqueror just the way it is will still have what they want.

Edit: I should add that I'm personally looking forward to the separation of the browser and file manager. However, I also hope they make some improvements to the browser portion of Konqueror.
    Last edited by oz; 11-04-2007 at 04:32 PM.
    oz