Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi, Does somebody know a software to resize and rename a batch of images. I was using photo resizer pro under windoz. Padu...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Batch image resizer

Hi,
    Does somebody know a software to resize and rename a batch of images.
    I was using photo resizer pro under windoz.
    Padu

Linux Guru
    Have you looked at ImageMagick? It is the backend to a lot of graphical applications and can be used to as a command line tool to script various functions such as resizing. In fact check out this tutorial :-

Cool Solutions: Batch Resize Images Using Imagemagick

Just Joined!

Thanks

Thanks!
    In the comments of this article somebody wrote about a plugin for Gimp which would be much easier for our users here in the office I'll keep you informed about the result.
    Padu

Just Joined!

Did not success

I really need a solution for non programmers...
    The plugin must be compiled and here nobody knows how to do this
    ImageMagick is werry good an powerfull but not for comun users...
    Padu

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm not sure what distro you are using, but Imagemagick is a very commonly used package in Linux, so most distributions have a binary package ready to go in their repositories. It might be worth checking out.
    oz

Just Joined!

My distribution

I am using Ubuntu,
    But I need a solution for users who are not comfortable with using command line... is there a graphical solution with Imagemagix ?
    Or I heard about the David's Batch Processor plugin for Gimp but I don't know how to compile a program... I am a bit lost... really need help
    Padu

Linux Guru
    I had a look into this for you again and there is a plugin for nautilus (if you are using Gnome) called nautilus-image-converter. It gives you a context menu so you can select multiple images and resize them. It gives you a few option like resolution and whether to create a copy of resize them in place.

The good news is that this is actually using ImageMagick in the background and also that it is available in the Ubuntu repositories. If youare using KDE there are usually good servicemenus available on kde-look.org of which I'm sure many of them perform this function.

Just Joined!
    Thanks a lot bigtomrodney,
    Nautilus image converter is exactly what I was looking for!
    It resizes, renames and respects the ratio in batch. People here are again productive!
    Once more thanks.
    I have on PC with KDE but I was not able to find any similar solution for kde if somebody knows one Id be thanksfull...
    Padu

Linux Guru
    Try one of these...

*Photo resize KDE-Apps.org

*resizePhotos KDE-Apps.org

They're the same idea. In fact I think the nautilus plugin idea came from these.

Just Joined!
    Photo resize: resizes only in fixed given size and it's too long and complicated to go and edit the file before any use...
    resizephotos: same problem
    Any other suggestions are welcome
    Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast