Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Originally Posted by RobinVossen Have you read the guide I did put a link to? Sorry for the delay...no I did not. Shortly after that post went up this project ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RobinVossen View Post
    Have you read the guide I did put a link to?
    Sorry for the delay...no I did not. Shortly after that post went up this project went away (including the system I was using). Thanks for the link though. It's a pretty good read.

Quote Originally Posted by linet79 View Post
    Hello,
    I have tried to configure and install Hydra at my Fedora Linux PC and unfortunately I wasn't be able to achieve the installation. I type ./configure, make and make install. Please see the attachments and advice me how to solve the errors. I have spent a lot of time trying to solve the error but I didn't. I hope you can help me . Thanks in advance.
    I would suggest trying RobinVossen's link.

Just Joined!

Wink solution

Hi all
    I had the same problems compiling hydra when I started using linux a couple of months ago, and posted on a forum for a solution, and I didn't get the right answer, but now I have more experience with compiling from source, and I can compile it, so I thought I should help you, especially that people who will google for the problem will find this thread.
    please read the output of "./configure" and "make" very carefully line by line especially "make"

first ./configure tells u that it needs openssl but NOT THE DEFAULT PACAKGE
    get it from:
    The SSH library (0.11) [0xbadc0de.be]
    if the link doesn't work search the site with google for libssh
    NOTE : U NEED VERSION 0.11 LATER VERSIONS WILL NOT WORK
    compile and install the library
    now cd to hydra again and type "make clean" and "./configure" again, it should now find the libssh
    forget about "module sapr3 disabled" I don't even know what is that module
    now type "make" and again, READ THE OUTPUT LINE BY LINE
    in most cases it will say:
    Code:
    /usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lpq
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

IF YOU RECEIVED THE ERROR MESSAGE "cannot find -lpq" DO THE FOLLOWING:
      make clean; ./configure
      vi Makefile    <- and remove the "-lpq" and "-DLIBPOSTGRES" statements
      make
    do as it says, type "make clean" then open Makefile with any editor and remove "-lpq" and "-DLIBPOSTGRES" u will find them at the third and fourth lines:
    Code:
    XDEFINES= -DLIBOPENSSL -DLIBPOSTGRES -DLIBSSH
    XLIBS= -lssl -lpq -lssh -lcrypto
    save the Makefile with the changes and then type "make" again
    if compiling GUI fails no problem, btw I couldn't compile it on Ubuntu 8.10 but it compiled fine on openSUSE 11.1, I don't know why but I don't care as it doesn't really matter.
    now of course type "sudo make install"

I hope that solved ur problem
    btw, for people who suggest Medusa over Hydra I think Hydra is better because Nessus can detect and use it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3