Find the answer to your Linux question:
I installed the latest version of Flashplayer 9 on Slackware 10.2 to /usr/lib/firefox AND /usr/lib/mozilla, yet, when I try to view flash on * this page , it will not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Why won't flash 9 work for me on this page??

I installed the latest version of Flashplayer 9 on Slackware 10.2 to /usr/lib/firefox AND /usr/lib/mozilla, yet, when I try to view flash on *this page, it will not work and tells me I need to install the latest version of flashplayer which I just did a few minutes prior! Are any of you having problems with flash not showing the counter in the upper right hand corner? The funny thing is, I have flash 9 installed on my Crux 2.3 box and with firefox the same page works perfectly! It gets even weirder... flashplayer 9 on this Slackware box renders all youtube videos with no problems! Why would it be that I can watch youtube videos fine, but the previously mentioned page will not work? Yet, the same page works perfectly in Crux 2.3 with flash 9?? This is nuts...

*note: This thread is NOT a veiled attempt to promote a political candidate.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Hiya Dan!
    I had no problems with that link, must be a Slack bug. BTW, I'm using Gentoo.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.