Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Has anybody seen this error when installing Firefox: Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text() *** eeeeeeee = [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520006 (NS_ERROR_FILE_TARGET_DOES_NOT_EXIST) [nsIFile.remove]" nsresult: "0x80520006 (NS_ERROR_FILE_TARGET_DOES_NOT_EXIST)" location: " ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox Install Error

Has anybody seen this error when installing Firefox:

Invalid UTF8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text()
    *** eeeeeeee = [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520006 (NS_ERROR_FILE_TARGET_DOES_NOT_EXIST) [nsIFile.remove]" nsresult: "0x80520006 (NS_ERROR_FILE_TARGET_DOES_NOT_EXIST)" location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/local/firefox/firefox-installer/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: ensureExtensionsFiles :: line 245" data: no]

I downloaded the tar.gz, extracted it into usr/local/firefox
    Then I ran the firefox-installer, and it just stopped and gave me this error.
    So I deleted the directory it was in, and tried again. The same thing happened, and I'm kind of stuck.
    Any help on this would be appreciated, since I don't really know what I'm doing.

Linux Newbie
    Where did you get this download? It sounds corrupted. Try using a different download.
    Situations arise because of the weather,
    And no kinds of love are better than others.

that, and you were running this as root/su correct?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    I got the download from the mozilla site itsellf. I mean if those files are corrupted, then what's the point! Another question for anybody out the re; does the directory I put it in under look like it's right.
    Yes, I ws logged in as root when I did all of this. Any suggestions?...

do you have broadband, and not mind trying teh dl again? that seems the most likely, somehow the file was curropted either durign the dl or a copy.

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    No problem. I'll try the download again. hey, if that'll fix it. I'm up for it... hold on, let me try...

just post when its all said and done

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    O.k. man, you were right!!! That's terrific. I downloaded it again, and it worked like clockwork!... FANTASTIC!!! Thanks man. One more question: How would I go about eliminating MOZILLA 1.4 from the system completely, and making sure that the system uses FIREFOX as the default browser for everything? Oh, and are there any cool plugins I should know about that I might download with it? (I mean if you're running it, and you know of any..)

Just Joined!
    well, if mozilla was installed during your system installation and you're using a rpm-based distro [mdk, red-hat, etc.] then just go to the rpm manager and remove it, or type in the CL:
    rpm -e package [replace package with mozilla]

OR: just go to the location its stored in [usually usr/local/] and delete the folder, that probably works.

to set the default browser, you can do that in firefox's preferences.

ps - make sure to backup your bookmarks and extensions that i'd recommend are magpie and adblock.

keyshawn

Just Joined!
    I'm running Fedora Core 1
    yeah, I think Mozilla was installed with it.
    Unfortunately, when I looked up the preferences thing for Firefox, it says that only works for windows systems.
    Is installing Java complicated?
    How about FLASH?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast