Find the answer to your Linux question:
The Java 2 plugin is the first I've tried to install with firefox. When the app loads I get an error Code: LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /home/nathacof/firefox/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [/home/nathacof/firefox/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox Java 2 plugin problem

The Java 2 plugin is the first I've tried to install with firefox. When the app loads I get an error
    Code:
    LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /home/nathacof/firefox/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [/home/nathacof/firefox/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so: undefined symbol: __vt_17nsGetServiceByCID]
    Anyone know why this is happening? No errors when I was installing the Java 2 plugin either.

Running Slackware Linux 9.1 full install.

it looks like you dont have permission for the file, try as root, or change the permissions of the folder(s) so that a regular user can run it.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    Could this be because I'm using the folder created by unpacking a tar.gz file? And to change folder permissions it's chmod 777 (for everyone?) /dir/name/here?

Thanks for your help.

possibly, im not even positive that it is a permissions based error, most of the time that produces a 'insufficent permissions' or something of the like, it was just a guess, but try changing the permisions of the folder. It shouldn't b b/c you untared to the folder.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!

FireFox Problems

Do you have GCC installed?? If not try that.

Also as root make a copy of libjavaplugin_oji.so and place it in

.mozilla/plugins

in your home directory.

Armage