Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey y'all, just wandering if anyone knew of a good gui oriented graphing program that has fit features and that can specifically graph data points from a file sort of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!
    Seattle, WA or Lewisburg, PA. Depending on time of year.

scientific data plotting tool with gui (i.e., not gnuplot)

Hey y'all,

just wandering if anyone knew of a good gui oriented graphing program that has fit features and that can specifically graph data points from a file sort of in a way that gnuplot does. I have gnuplot 4.0, which might make a difference, but i was looking for a gui for it or just in general a good graphing program.

Oh, also it would be nice if it was c++ library dependent, rather than java, cause i don't have java installed at all!

Thanks

thers kplot, but i think that only works in kde, reguardless, if it was written by them, its in c++.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by qub333
    thers kplot, but i think that only works in kde, reguardless, if it was written by them, its in c++.
    As long as the KDE libs are installed(If you don't know what I mean, they probably are), you can run kde programs from gnome, or any WM.
    --monkey

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    hes got mandrake, so it has the program on his install disk (kplot) and unless he changed the defaults, he will have the kde libs.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    Seattle, WA or Lewisburg, PA. Depending on time of year.
    Hiya,

I don't think I have any of the KDE libraries installed, because I didn't do a default install. I only had 5 gigs to use on my dual boot laptop, and so I didn't want to waste 500+ mb on installing kde libraries, since I like gnome a lot more. I guess that was a mistake now, huh?

Any other options, I'd rather not try to track down all the proper kde libraries..

Linux User
    If you're also interested in commercial products then Maple is a very good choice.