Find the answer to your Linux question:
So i'm trying to compile TerminatorX on RedHat9 and it says that I need to have LADSPA. So I go to the site and find a .so file and the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Where to put *.so files

So i'm trying to compile TerminatorX on RedHat9 and it says that I need to have LADSPA. So I go to the site and find a .so file and the source for a header. I made the header, put in in my include directory, and ./configure said that i could now use make. After i made and installed, i tried to start the program but it just flashed the splash screen and exited. Now i'm guessing its something wrong with LADSPA (hopefully) and how i should have done the cmt.so file instead of the .h file. So my question is, where do I put the file and what do i do with it?

alot of the times .so files are plugins and just need to be copied into the /plugin or similar folder, find a readme on your program and see if that is what is needed.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux User
    Shared library files are usually found in locations listed in /etc/ld.so.conf. If you wan't to see what libraries a program uses try issuing ldd program_file_name on the command line. I hope this helps.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close