Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just created a theme on The GIMP 2.3 for WordPress to sell it on dp. I saved it but I didn't have the time to quit so its all ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation How repair or fix corrupted files?

I just created a theme on The GIMP 2.3 for WordPress to sell it on dp. I saved it but I didn't have the time to quit so its all saved but The GIMP was still open with my theme. I had to go somewhere else b/c of some reasons. Unfortunately, my thick-headed stupid + dumb big brother used the computer and I don't know what he did but when I came back, I saw The GIMP was closed. So I need to continue on the theme, I opened the file and its all corrupted!! It supposed to have about 44 layers and now it only contains 25 layers and I also got the message

XCF: This file is corrupt! I have loaded as much
    of it as I can, but it is incomplete.
    I believe he restarted the comp without even closing The GIMP and all the other windows (After all, that's what he always do. How stupid, right?) causing something in this computer to crash! I am TOTALLY pissed off!! I couldn't even breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That theme is worth $50 and now its all gone?! I know bad things will happen to me!!!!!!!!!! Why do I always have to jinx things?!

Do you know any free linux apps that can repair corrupted XCF files?
    Or do you know any way I can do it myself manually?

THIS IS AN URGENT!

There are a few corrupt file repair services on the net but I'm guessing they're VERY expensive. Am I right? If only it costs like $5 - $10 which is impossible (unless they're willing to help).

PS: Sorry! I don't mean to say out mean things about my brother. I just can't help it but blurt it all out! I'm really sorry if its disturbing.

oz
    forum.guy
    You could try PhotoRec:

PhotoRec - CGSecurity

I know for certain that it can recover xcf files, but you'd just have to try it to see if it can recover your file(s).

Let us know how it goes.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    You could try PhotoRec:

PhotoRec - CGSecurity

I know for certain that it can recover xcf files, but you'd just have to try it to see if it can recover your file(s).

Let us know how it goes.
    cool! I tried it but I ended up with TOO MANY files so I had to stop it before there's a flood in my desktop!
    How do I specify xcf filetype so it will recover xcf files only?
    Any ideas?
    that way, it'll be much easier!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    scm
    Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBlush View Post
    I just created a theme on The GIMP 2.3 for WordPress to sell it on dp. I saved it but I didn't have the time to quit so its all saved but The GIMP was still open with my theme. I had to go somewhere else b/c of some reasons. Unfortunately, my thick-headed stupid + dumb big brother used the computer
    So you left the GIMP open with something you'd been working on for ages and you're calling your brother thick-headed, stupid and dumb?

Hope you manage to recover your work.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    So you left the GIMP open with something you'd been working on for ages and you're calling your brother thick-headed, stupid and dumb?

Hope you manage to recover your work.
    yea duh!
    Its my personal computer and he was never supposed to go inside my room and ruin it!