Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I trying to set up gmediaserver to stream multimedia to my PS3. My first try was with gmediaserver 0.12.0 I used the yum install method it installed fine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gmediaserver for PS3 media server problems

Hi all

I trying to set up gmediaserver to stream multimedia to my PS3. My first try was with gmediaserver 0.12.0 I used the yum install method it installed fine and my PS3 could see the server but it gave me an error of "DNLA Protocol ERROR 7531. I then found a newer version at gnu.org on the developers hompage it already had a profile for the ps3 so i figured this was the way to go. I installed gmediaserver 0.13.0 and the upnp libs that the homepage says are required. The configure, make amd make install all went fine with no errors. But when I try to run the server it gives me the following error. "error while loading shared libraries: libupnp.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Can anyone help.

Thanks

I use ushare for the Xbox360, but it works for all upnp streaming. It even has a PS3 compatibility mode. It's simple to run and pretty reliable. The only downside is that it doesn't seem to talk to Network Manager so when it's starting on boot, if the WiFi isn't up yet it terminates and needs to manually restart.