Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't know if I installed this wrong but I used YUM to install gDesklets and all dependancies. It seemed to have finished the install fine. Now when I go ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

gDesklets error?

I don't know if I installed this wrong but I used YUM to install gDesklets and all dependancies. It seemed to have finished the install fine.

Now when I go to "Redhat Icon" > Accesories , I see the option to run gDesklets with the puzzle background icon. I select it and it opens a small tab on my tool bar like it's trying to open and have an hour class for a pointer. After 15-20 seconds, the action just disappears...

I have no idea why? I did not get any errors while installing and I get no errors while trying to run the app but nothing happens. I assume I should get some window or toolbar to interact with.

If I open a terminal window and type
    Code:
    [carlos@localhost carlos]$ gdesklets
    gDesklets 0.26.2
    Copyright (C) 2003, 2004 The gDesklets Team

This software is licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
    That is all I get. Nothing ever happens and I end up stopping the command.

Any ideas?

Linux User
    You have to run gdesklets with a display command. For me everything is stored in /usr/share/gdesklets, so for me I run something like the following:
    Code:
    gdesklets /usr/share/gdesklets/Displays/Weather/weather.display

Just Joined!
    you say that everything is stored in that location but what do you mean, everything?
    I thought this was an application?

I just want to install this tool bar I downloaded called starterbar-desklet-0.30.tar.bz2

All I have done so far is use YUM to install gDesklets and that is it.

I really am not to clear as to where YUM manually installed the application "gDesklets" and if I need to send all my visual stuff to a folder there.

What do you recommend I do?

You have to extract/install the starterbar desklet. gDesklets is basically a backend for you to load desklets with. It's a modular type program.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy