Find the answer to your Linux question:
I use Ubuntu 7.10 and installed openssl version 0.9.8g I downloaded Medusa 1.4 from: http://www.foofus.net/jmk/tools/medusa-1.4.tar.gz unzipped it then : su cd to source dir ./configure make then after a while ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Medusa on Ubuntu

I use Ubuntu 7.10 and installed openssl version 0.9.8g
    I downloaded Medusa 1.4 from:
    http://www.foofus.net/jmk/tools/medusa-1.4.tar.gz
    unzipped it then :
    su
    cd to source dir
    ./configure
    make
    then after a while this error happens:
    Code:
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:503: undefined reference to `SSL_write'
    medusa-net.o: In function `medusaReceiveInternal':
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:383: undefined reference to `SSL_read'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:387: undefined reference to `SSL_get_error'
    medusa-net.o: In function `medusaConnectSSLInternal':
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:310: undefined reference to `SSL_load_error_strings'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:311: undefined reference to `SSL_library_init'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:320: undefined reference to `SSLv23_client_method'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:320: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_new'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:331: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_ctrl'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:334: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:335: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_tmp_rsa_callback'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:336: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_set_verify'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:341: undefined reference to `SSL_new'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:349: undefined reference to `SSL_set_fd'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:350: undefined reference to `SSL_connect'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:358: undefined reference to `SSL_get_current_cipher'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:358: undefined reference to `SSL_CIPHER_get_name'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:318: undefined reference to `SSLv3_client_method'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:318: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_new'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:316: undefined reference to `SSLv2_client_method'
    /home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src/medusa-net.c:316: undefined reference to `SSL_CTX_new'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [medusa] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4/src'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/amamh/Desktop/HackingNetworking/Sources/medusa-1.4'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    what is wrong?
    I'm new to Linux maybe I miss something.
    any help will be appreciated.

have you installed the SSL_Devel pack?
    Since without the SSL Librarys you can hard compile that.
    Anyhow, I also saw you wanted Hydra and that you have a folder called HackingNetworking.
    Talk a look at BackTrack3beta.
    It might be right for you.
    But I also warn you.
    If you start Bruteforcing random targets you will get into trouble.
    And not just normal trouble. The laws for hacking are really strict.
    So I hope for you that you dont mess up your Future and only use this for Ethical Research.
    If you get caught for hacking, getting a new job. Esspecialy in the IT is slim to nill. I warned you now.

Have fun with Medusa and your Research
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

Medusa is available in Universe sources. I would suggest you to install it through package manager only. It will take care of all dependency issues.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install medusa
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RobinVossen View Post
    have you installed the SSL_Devel pack?
    Since without the SSL Librarys you can hard compile that.
    Anyhow, I also saw you wanted Hydra and that you have a folder called HackingNetworking.
    Talk a look at BackTrack3beta.
    It might be right for you.
    But I also warn you.
    If you start Bruteforcing random targets you will get into trouble.
    And not just normal trouble. The laws for hacking are really strict.
    So I hope for you that you dont mess up your Future and only use this for Ethical Research.
    If you get caught for hacking, getting a new job. Esspecialy in the IT is slim to nill. I warned you now.

Have fun with Medusa and your Research
    thanks for BackTrack

Just Joined!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    Medusa is available in Universe sources. I would suggest you to install it through package manager only. It will take care of all dependency issues.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install medusa
    thanks devils_casper this worked.