Find the answer to your Linux question:
i know, i'm a whiny newb. so inkscape is illustrator's equivalent (better than illustrator, imo). gimp is photoshop's equiv. we're getting towards completing the cs3 master collection! the only thing ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

flash cs3 equiv plx :)

i know, i'm a whiny newb.

so inkscape is illustrator's equivalent (better than illustrator, imo). gimp is photoshop's equiv. we're getting towards completing the cs3 master collection! the only thing we need is the flash ide equiv

I know flex (which works on linux) is theoretically sufficient, but not practically -- you can't design in flex. does anyone know of any active flash-ide-for-linux projects? most I've seen have been dead in the water.

I can only imagine what will come around now that Adobe owns the company though, they tend to be good for providing plugins for the flash, etc. applets... perhaps flash 9 for Linux will soon be a reality (or all of CS3... )
    When I find myself burried in errors, Windows Help appears to me; speaking words of wisdom, Reboot!

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Themer View Post
    I can only imagine what will come around now that Adobe owns the company though, they tend to be good for providing plugins for the flash, etc. applets... perhaps flash 9 for Linux will soon be a reality (or all of CS3... )
    Actually, they are not good at all.

In first place, you can only use it if you have an x86 box (by extension, you can workaround it in amd64, since it can run x86 code). The rest of architectures and os's are completely unsupported.

Even if you don't care about these issues, there are thousands of other issues with the plugin. Just google to see how people complain about memory leaks and cpu usage. Additionally, the plugin tends to stop working when you update your browser, and there are lots of other annoyances.

If you are really thinking in proffesional design, you should forget about flash, because it is not portable. The future of the web desing includes mobile phones, consoles, macs, and a wide range of machines, where flash is just a no-go.

If you still want to use flash, I can't help you :P

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close