Find the answer to your Linux question:
Does anyone use Evolution Mail Client on Linux? I like it but have one annoying issue. When I have the Client window open, I like the folder pane on and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Evolution Mail Client?

Does anyone use Evolution Mail Client on Linux?

I like it but have one annoying issue.

When I have the Client window open, I like the folder pane on and the shortcut bar off. I make this change and the next time I re-open the program, it is back to default. None of my view settings save?

Is this a known bug or am I missing something?

Linux Engineer
    Mine stays switched off after restarting. Perhaps summat in the ~/evolution folder?
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H
    Mine stays switched off after restarting. Perhaps summat in the ~/evolution folder?
    what is ~/summat? Sorry, I am very new to Linux and get kind of confused.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Heh -- no man, Chris H is British. He means "something in ~/.evolution". That is, maybe you can change it by editing a configuration file in the directory ~/.evolution. "~/" is replaced by the shell with the location of the current user's home directory. (You won't see the directory "./evolution" with a regular "ls" command since its name starts with a ".", you'll need to do an "ls -a")

I'm not familiar with Evolution, but if you see a .conf file or a settings file or anything like that, see if you can open it in an editor and poke around until you find the setting for whether the folder pane and shortcut bar open on setup. Don't be afraid to mess with the configuration file (as long as you make a copy beforehand).

Good luck.
    Situations arise because of the weather,
    And no kinds of love are better than others.