Find the answer to your Linux question:
I downloaded the Maryland State tax form (PDF), filled it in and tried to print it to my HP LaserJet printer. Nothing happens. There is no error message. The printer's ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Cool Can't print this PDF

I downloaded the Maryland State tax form (PDF), filled it in and tried to print it to my HP LaserJet printer.

Nothing happens.

There is no error message. The printer's LED does not come on. There is no message logged to /var/log/cups/error_log or anywhere else that I can find. I can print other documents, including other PDF files.

Ultimately, I was able to print it by first printing it to a file and then using ghostscript with this command. (I only had to use sudo to write to the lp0 device.)

$ sudo gsc -sDEVICE=ljet3 -sOutputFile=/dev/lp0 mdtax.ps

Why can I print it directly with ghostscript but not via cups???

Linux Newbie
    I found this the other day - maybe it will shed some light on your problem or perhaps point in the right direction. LINK:
    Print to PDF using cups-pdf Ubuntu Blog

No, that blog talks about how to generate a PDF file from some other format. But I'm starting with a PDF file.

I view and edit the PDF file with Adobe's free Reader v8.1.1 on Mandriva Linux, and try to print it either by selecting 'Print' the Adobe menu or the Print button in the document. It doesn't print.