Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anyone know of a program for linux that can read MS Access databases and convert them to MySQL databases, or at least just view the database? I have an Access ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

MS Access to MySQL

Anyone know of a program for linux that can read MS Access databases and convert them to MySQL databases, or at least just view the database? I have an Access db in .mdb format, and want a quick way to view all the data in it as i'm convertin it to a MySQL db with a php front end.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

ive never used access, but is it possible to save it as a mySQL from accesss? if not, im sure someone here knows.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Re: MS Access to MySQL

Quote Originally Posted by sdousley
    Anyone know of a program for linux that can read MS Access databases and convert them to MySQL databases, or at least just view the database? I have an Access db in .mdb format, and want a quick way to view all the data in it as i'm convertin it to a MySQL db with a php front end.
    You'll need to export it as a SQL statement that includes both data structure as the data. Then you can use something like: MySQL admin, found in Webmin, and upload and run the SQL statement on MySQL, creating the database, the structure and importing the data.
    Just don't know how to create that using Access.
    Check de MS Developer site for info on that..
    ---[ MS09-99896 - Vulnerability in All MS Windows OS ; Using Windows Could Allow Remote Code Execution. ]---
    Hardware: Asus P4P800, 1GB, P4-3Ghz, Asus V9950, Maxtor ATA HD\'s, 3Com GBit lan, Audigy ZS Plat.