Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Radeon All-In-Wonder 8500, and I'm trying to get the TV to display. I've installed XFree86 4.4.0, but my XFree86Config file still says generic video card. How do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

ATI Radeon All-In-Wonder and TV App

I have a Radeon All-In-Wonder 8500, and I'm trying to get the TV to display. I've installed XFree86 4.4.0, but my XFree86Config file still says generic video card. How do I get my video card detected? (ATI.com only has an rpm driver, and I am using debian)

I've installed GATOS, but can't seem to get it to work. It says on the website that XFree86 4.1 should be used, and when i try to run the tv app it says there is a problem with my video card (I assume because it is still detected as "generic video card").

Are there other TV applications I should try or does anyone know how to get an All-in-Wonder card to display TV??

Thanks so much.

i have the same thing, i jsut installed the ati-drivers package and ran the configuration utility
    one of the question pertaint to tvtuner
    and then it worked....
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!
    For about two years ago I had Mandrake linux 10.1 with XFree86 4.3.0
    My video card was All-in-wonder 128
    Mandrake saw this as a normal RAGE 128 card, i.e no tv.
    But still avview, from GATOS, did work.
    The problem was to get everything in the right places.

Now I have a Connect 3d All-in-wonder X600Pro 256 and Mandriva 2007 Power Pack. No tv-card detected. I haven't yet started to fight with the problem

But I just wanted to say that the detection doesn't necessary mean that it won't work
    Funny though that it doesn't even detect your card a normal Radeon card

I bet you will get it to work
    you just have to have the right versions of everything and in right places

regards
    - Taija

Quote Originally Posted by brentd49
    I have a Radeon All-In-Wonder 8500, and I'm trying to get the TV to display. I've installed XFree86 4.4.0, but my XFree86Config file still says generic video card. How do I get my video card detected? (ATI.com only has an rpm driver, and I am using debian)

I've installed GATOS, but can't seem to get it to work. It says on the website that XFree86 4.1 should be used, and when i try to run the tv app it says there is a problem with my video card (I assume because it is still detected as "generic video card").

Are there other TV applications I should try or does anyone know how to get an All-in-Wonder card to display TV??

Thanks so much.