Find the answer to your Linux question:
i'm curious to find out if when you're running an x86_64 distro with the 64 bit apps, do any of them use multi-threading or were they simply compiled with the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

linux 64 bit apps & multi-threading

i'm curious to find out if when you're running an x86_64 distro with the 64 bit apps, do any of them use multi-threading or were they simply compiled with the 64 bit flags?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by willc0de4food View Post
    i'm curious to find out if when you're running an x86_64 distro with the 64 bit apps, do any of them use multi-threading or were they simply compiled with the 64 bit flags?

thanks
    As far as I know most 64-bit Linux applications use an identical code-base that's just be recompiled for X86_64. As far as multi-threading, I think that depends on the application.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

yea..thats about what i figured. can you think of where whether a program is multi-threaded would be posted?

Quote Originally Posted by willc0de4food View Post
    yea..thats about what i figured. can you think of where whether a program is multi-threaded would be posted?
    Probably on the project website. Not all kinds of programs benefit from multi-threading, so as far as I can guess it's the prerogative of the development team.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants