Find the answer to your Linux question:
Good Morning, Ive recently installed Fedora core2 as a windows files server. I decided that i wanted to put a MS Access shared database (.mdb) on the file server since ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Accessing Shared MDB files on Linux

Good Morning,

Ive recently installed Fedora core2 as a windows files server.
    I decided that i wanted to put a MS Access shared database (.mdb) on the file server since it seemed that the data access time had tripled compared to my windows server. I can link to the tables from all workstaions. The only problem I encounterd was when i tried to log into the .mdb application. It only allowed one user at a time to access the mdb file. Where on a windows system that the mdb file is located i can log into it without any issues with as many users it can handle.

Does anyone out there know what i need to do to be able to connect mutilple users to the mdb on the linux file server?

All help would be greatly appreciated!

GR

Just Joined!
    Ok, I was able to add oplock = no and veto oplock files = *.mdb

I was able to connect 3 XP machines to the Database and browse records. But then it became a bit unstable. Started losing map connection to DB and when i tried to relink my tables i would get "defect master all ready in use" Even though Access lost its link to the mapped drive the physical map to the linux drive was still availible on the xp Box. Im guessing that just using oplock is not enough..

Please help me

Just Joined!
    Well thanks for the help! lolol
    figured it out myself......

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    your welcome/apologies for lack of response. Commonly the linux knowlege:msknowlege relationship is inverse. The more linux, the less Ms, certainly there are exceptions, and on a certainl level, all computers are the same (learn binary!) but yeah. sometime it is harder to find help on ms linux integration. Ive had the same problem.
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Just Joined!

Thanks for the tip... ya that is getting to be very irritating. Hopfuly I can get more of my clients over to linux before the craz wav crashes into us and everybody is using it :/