Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I need a program which can add text label (stamp) on my images. Now I use plug-in for DigiKam but it can't process images in a directory automatically. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Text label on jpeg images

Hello,

I need a program which can add text label (stamp) on my images. Now I use plug-in for DigiKam but it can't process images in a directory automatically. I mean I insert label on each image manually. Do you know a program that can do that automatically for many pictures?

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by No_root_No_cry View Post
    Hello,

I need a program which can add text label (stamp) on my images. Now I use plug-in for DigiKam but it can't process images in a directory automatically. I mean I insert label on each image manually. Do you know a program that can do that automatically for many pictures?
    The imagemagick suite have many ways to do this, depending on the exact results you want.

I'd start on the man page for the "composite" tool shipped with imagemagick. You can google for "composite watermark imagemagick" and you will find some interesting things for sure.

Once you have your command line, you can easily make a loop to process all the files in a given dir by using your shell of choice.

Just Joined!
    Thanks, it works. I use this command:
    convert ~/Desktop/*.jpg -font Arial -pointsize 16 -draw "gravity SouthEast fill white text 0,12'My Text'" ~/Desktop/*.jpg

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close