Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hokay So I am fairly new to linux, but I am learning pretty quick and I am feeling pretty comfortable with it. I am running Red Hat Linux 9, in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Internet Radio plugin VMR not Linux comatable! Alternatives?

Hokay

So I am fairly new to linux, but I am learning pretty quick and I am feeling pretty comfortable with it. I am running Red Hat Linux 9, in dual boot with windows xp (could some one tell me if this was a good idea while your at it?, you no, starting off with RedHat, I dont hear alot of people talking about it being a good newbie distro).
    Anyways, I am trying to listen to Q107.7 on the internet - I used to do it all the time in windows. I can't figure out what format the stream is, but it uses a VMR 3.0 by ChainCast browser plugin that is not for linux. Check out the site for yourself if you want, its Q107.com, and click "listen live" in the top right corner. I hear that you can run internet radio through xmms. Help would be much appreciated. Just want to know if there is a way to listen to it. Thanks

P.S. How do you pronounce Linux???? is the "i" long or short???

Just Joined!

It is CFM

K so I Checked the link of "listen live" and it is www.q107.com/player/player.cfm. I tried to open this in xmms, and it connects and quickly does something like buffer it or something in like under a second and then stops or moves onto the next song in the playlist. Not sure if it matters, just thought you would like to know

Just Joined!

Me again

K so i just realize the .cfm is a page and not a stream. Also when i click the link to view the page, i get error message "Your OS is not supported - We will send the stream through your browser which may play the file" or something along those lines. Im thinking that if i can get a plugin for my browser, or find the stream url to play in real player or xmms, i will be allright. please help!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close