Hello to everybody

i have some problems trying to compile some programs on my AMD64 processor, i have Debian 4.0 AMD64 NetInstall, initially i tried with ntfs-3g, now i tried to compile libnet (libnet, libpcap, Snort, Sancp for Sguil IDS) on... i don't know on which processor, but "uname -a" says x86_64...

on the process, is shown the next error:

Code:
loading cache ./config.cache
cheking host system type... Invalid configuration x86_64-pc-linux-gnu: machine 'x86_64-pc' no recognized
cheking target system type... Invalid configuration x86_64-pc-linux-gnu: machine 'x86_64-pc' no recognized
cheking build system type... Invalid configuration x86_64-pc-linux-gnu: machine 'x86_64-pc' no recognized
configure: warning: apparently your OS is not officially supp
orted yet
configure: warning: this may not work
on "make" no waring or error shown
on "make install":

Code:
install: no destination especified
make: *** [install] Error 1
that generates the directory structure, the libraries and headers (i don't now if all them, i need to compare...), but don't create a binary/executable on /bin, it needs to be added to PATH, this step is necesary to compile Snort.

There is a way for well compile... or use a parameter for gcc and compile any program from their source???

im talking about programs like Snort, Sancp, Barnyard (for IDS), or ALSA libraries, (gtk-)RecordMyDesktop and other stuffs???

Thanks to everybody

See you