Find the answer to your Linux question:
HI everyone! I have just installed monodevelop and all the stuff and i have a problem! when i want to make a New Solution (c#) it gave me an unhandled ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy monodevelop problem!

HI everyone! I have just installed monodevelop and all the stuff and i have a problem! when i want to make a New Solution (c#) it gave me an unhandled exception:
    Code:
    Exception occurred: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.Gui.SourceEditorDisplayBinding ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libgtksourceview-1.0.so.0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) GtkSourceView.SourceTagTable:gtk_source_tag_table_get_type ()
      at GtkSourceView.SourceTagTable.get_GType () [0x00000] 
      at GtkSharp.GtksourceviewSharp.ObjectManager.Initialize () [0x00000] 
      at GtkSourceView.GtkSourceViewManager.Init () [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.Gui.SourceEditorDisplayBinding..cctor () [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[])
      at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] 
      at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] 
      at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] 
      at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, Boolean nonPublic) [0x00000] 
      at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type) [0x00000] 
      at Mono.Addins.TypeExtensionNode.CreateInstance () [0x00000] 
      at Mono.Addins.InstanceExtensionNode.GetInstance () [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Codons.DisplayBindingCodon.get_DisplayBinding () [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.DisplayBindingService.GetCodonPerFileName (System.String filename) [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.DisplayBindingService.GetBindingPerFileName (System.String filename) [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Workbench.RealOpenFile (System.Object openFileInfo) [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Workbench.OpenDocument (System.String fileName, Int32 line, Int32 column, Boolean bringToFront, System.String encoding, IDisplayBinding binding) [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Workbench.OpenDocument (System.String fileName, Int32 line, Int32 column, Boolean bringToFront) [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Workbench.OpenDocument (System.String fileName, Boolean bringToFront) [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Workbench.OpenDocument (System.String fileName) [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Templates.OpenFileAction.Run (MonoDevelop.Projects.ProjectCreateInformation projectCreateInformation) [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Templates.ProjectTemplate.OpenCreatedCombine () [0x00000] 
      at MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Dialogs.NewProjectDialog.OpenEvent (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] 
      at GLib.Signal.voidObjectCallback (IntPtr handle, IntPtr data) [0x00000]
    Have you any ideas what`s wrong? I am so confused!
    Cheers!
    Registered Linux user #471256
    http://counter.li.org
    Don`t give up so easy...
    calin

I found the solution!
    https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=370733
    What seemed to be happening is that an exception is thrown when MonoDevelop attempts to display your code using gtksourceview. Apparently, gtksourceview-2.0.0-5 can not be use in place of gtksourceview18-1.8.5-16. To fix this, do the following:

1. Make sure you have the Suse Disc in the drive, since gtksourceview18 is on the disc. Launch Yast.
    2. Click on Software Management. This launches the Package Selector.
    3. Type in gtksourceview18.
    4. Select gtksourceview18 and press Install, and then accept.
    5. Click confirm on Change summary window.
    6. When prompted to install or remove more packages, press No.

With gtksourceview18 installed, Monodevelop seems to work now. Banshee still seems to work just fine. Hopefully, the next version of MonoDevelop will be less painful to install.
    Cheers and have a good time!
    Registered Linux user #471256
    http://counter.li.org
    Don`t give up so easy...
    calin