Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm searching for a Ubuntu Feisty App. to change the display ratio on an AVI file (XVid) without changing physical dimensions. On Windose I use MPEG modifier. Question is if ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Avidemux and display ratio

I'm searching for a Ubuntu Feisty App. to change the display ratio on an AVI file (XVid) without changing physical dimensions. On Windose I use MPEG modifier. Question is if I use the „resize“ on Avidemux do I have to reencode entire AVI sound and video? Grateful for any help here.

Whilst I am not a Ubuntu user, I suggest that the app your using to display can modify the view of the AVI whilst your viewing it on the fly.

I am not sure how your using the app, but why not simply resize the window your displaying in. If your displaying in full screen mode, usually you can select to keep aspect ration in tack, or another aspect ratio you want. How... Umm I not sure in Ubuntu, but I suspect it maybe a function of X, your screen display characteristics and / or your video card. Apologies I can't add much more than do some googling on the side for "Avidemux" and "Aspet Ratio" or go to the Ubuntu home site and ask there.

Thanks,the display ratio isn't a problem when playing on computer, but I'm burning it as AVI to play on normal DVD player and it's "anamorphic" ratio.