Find the answer to your Linux question:
Want to install flash player (FP) in my Slackware 12.0. FP asks for the install directory of my Firefox 2.0.0.14 browser and suggests it might be: /usr/lib/mozilla. AND I have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Slackware's firefox install directory

Want to install flash player (FP) in my Slackware 12.0. FP asks for the install directory of my Firefox 2.0.0.14 browser and suggests it might be: /usr/lib/mozilla. AND I have such a directory. When I find / -name firefox I get 2 more which look viable: /usr/lib/firefox and /usr/lib/firefox2.0.0.4 (yes, 0.4). There is an executable firefox bourn shell in the latter.
    Where is the Firefox install directory? How can I be sure??

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Try placing the plugin in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins or /usr/lib/firefox/plugins.

Linux User
    Thanks I'll consider that if I am unable to find out where "flash player" wants it. Wish they could be specific so I don't have to hack about and then have to wonder if I pulled every thing out if my first try is wrong, as I have no idea what their install does. Such info is omitted. Their installer is only 2800 lines of code, I'll try reading it tomorrow-ugH!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close