Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I'm a newbie at all this, but I was wondering if there was a way to make mozilla open up to my homepage by default when there is already an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

newbie mozilla headache, and taskbar headache

I'm a newbie at all this, but I was wondering if there was a way to make mozilla open up to my homepage by default when there is already an open mozilla window. If I just open the first mozilla window, it goes to my homepage, but each successive windows are just blank. I'd like to set it so that all of them go to my homepage.

and secondly for some reason, none of my programs are showing up on my taskbar. I'm using KDE on RH 9.0. That is a little thing that is driving me crazy. If anybody can help I greatly appreciate it.

Linux Enthusiast
    mozilla - no, not that i know of, but - why aren't you using tabbed browsing? it is so much better. it still won't go to the home page when a new page is opened, but at least you don't have 5 mozillas running at the same time, lol

and the other thing - I think only programs appear in your taskbar when they are running. if you are referring to your toolbar (left) then you right click and can add. you can add stuff to your taskbar also by right clicking and then picking add.

Linux Guru
    yowwww, maybe you can enlighten me on that one, cause I haven't seen any advantages of tabbed browsing. What are they?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    have you tried tabbed browsing?

If, you have, then maybe it just isn't for you.

I like it because I can easily open many webpages on the same screen and then just make a simple click to go from one to the next.

Also, you can bookmark a collection of tabs. So, you can open 10 sites at once if you want to. It saves you from opening 10 different instances of a browser.

Linux Guru
    OK, I hadn't seen the tab bookmarking option. I can see that that's quite an advantage. But for the rest, I can see no big difference between selecting tabs with Ctrl+Tab or selecting windows with Alt+Tab. It's not like you actually have ten instances of the browser running, anyways.

Linux Enthusiast
    edit-peferences-navigator-tabbed browsing - make sure the "hide tabs" is unchecked.

I look at it as an advantage, to each his own though.

Just Joined!
    I followed your advice for the tabbed browsing, but what is the hotkey to shift to different tabs?

Linux Guru
    Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+Tab.

Linux Enthusiast
    I just click on them, lol.

Linux Guru
    Do you mean that you actually use the mouse?! I always thought it was some kind of desktop decoration, since it's so utterly useless. =)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast