Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was just wondering if there was any software that could mask or distort your voice in real time. I know some has been created for windows....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Voice masking software?

I was just wondering if there was any software that could mask or distort your voice in real time. I know some has been created for windows.

Just Joined!

interesting

This is interesting? What application you will be using the software with?
    What software do know that running in Windows?

Linux Guru
    My guess is that all the pieces are there. You just need to figure out a way to connect them.

LADSPA is a sound processing library and plugin framework that can do lots of things with a sound wave.

Jack can connect in/outs and can also work with then at real time. Is the preferred framework for low latency.

I don't know how to do what you want, but whatever the solution is, it will surely involve these two pieces. I also think that, once kde4 is out and phonon is fully working, this kind of stuff might get much simpler to implement (that will not help now, though).

EDIT: Now that i remember, mplayer supports both jack and ladspa. It also supports piping to/from files so I guess that there might be a way to implement an mplayer based solution for this problem. I don't know how, but maybe it's possible.