Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys I want to install Cinelerra. But when I tried to do so it said that libXv.so.1 is needed. So I searched in the "RPM find" and got XFree86-compat-libs-4.3.0.1. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    tu2
    Just Joined!

Installing Cinelerra

Hi guys
    I want to install Cinelerra. But when I tried to do so it said that libXv.so.1 is

needed. So I searched in the "RPM find" and got XFree86-compat-libs-4.3.0.1. But to my

horor now I found that it has problem with XFree86-libs. Now how can I fix it.

Could you try to install it from source? Maybe that will work.

Good luck

Linux Engineer
    Try to include more information about what you have done to install it, what distro you use is also usefull.. clearly you dont use gentoo as it would automaticaly handle the dependencys for you!

tu2
    Just Joined!
    Thanx for your response

I use Suse Personal Edition. It dont have 'Make' or 'gcc'. So i am unable to compile it from source. Is it necessary to install Make and Gcc. Where can I get Make?

Linux Engineer
    in your case it would be easyer to resolve the dependancy issues useing RPM this is commonly known as "dependancy hell" a common problem with RPM based distros.. as an alternative you could check out gentoo which deals with all dependancy issues flawlessly.

http://www.gentoo.org