Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi all I want to create a file browser for particular folder only. let, that folder is /tmp/test/. i want to create a browser that browse files and directories inside ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation file browser for particular folder only

hi all

I want to create a file browser for particular folder only.
    let, that folder is /tmp/test/.
    i want to create a browser that browse files and directories inside "test" folder only not outside that directory.

I making application in which user may access their files from his USB drive only. When he plug USB device in my hardware a browser will open and he can access their files only not the system files.

How can I create?
    Is it possible in gtkdialog or Xdialog? or you can make using some other tool plz let me know.

Thanks & Regards
    KKPal

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kkpal View Post
    hi all

I want to create a file browser for particular folder only.
    let, that folder is /tmp/test/.
    i want to create a browser that browse files and directories inside "test" folder only not outside that directory.

I making application in which user may access their files from his USB drive only. When he plug USB device in my hardware a browser will open and he can access their files only not the system files.

How can I create?
    Is it possible in gtkdialog or Xdialog? or you can make using some other tool plz let me know.

Thanks & Regards
    KKPal
    The toolkit is up to you. In first place, which programming languages are you familiar with?

I don't recommend using plain Xlib because you will waste unnecesary time. You can choose gtk (c) or qt (c++) which will make this trivial. You can even use prebuilt pieces from kdelibs, based on qt, which will make this even easier.

There's a thousand ways that a given user can escape that jail (symlinks is just one of them). You might want to remember that while coding.