Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok i have mkisofs cdrecord and XcdRoast installed. ok couldnt get it to do the cd thing before i was tring to make yet another backup of my psx chrono ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

cd writer problem

ok i have mkisofs cdrecord and XcdRoast installed. ok couldnt get it to do the cd thing before i was tring to make yet another backup of my psx chrono trigger disk cus they tend to get destroyed fast so i only play my backup copies for that reason. anyways it wouldnt read so i figured that the cd writer was configed wrong i went in and configured it to be scsi emulated by editing the moules.conf file. went to try again and no workie again. i decided to do an audio cd it read it so i burned a track on a cd here the thing now. i cannot access my cd writer to read files anymore. mnt/cd rom is locked even if im in root mode. i tried tracking it down through the scsi bus so i did /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target2/lun0/cd(the emulated address) so i made a cdrom link to that when i go to open it up i just get an cannot resolve location error.

Linux Enthusiast
    regarding your psx situation - I have copied many psx games and from experience, I know that only certain burning software works. Nero works about 99% of the time, not sure about what would work in linux but you can try k3b.

Just Joined!
    im not realy worried about the psx thing right now i need to have a working cd rom

Linux Guru
    Can you access the CD-ROM from the IDE interface (/dev/hd?)? What's the output of "cdrecord -scanbus"?

By the way, is there a Chrono Trigger (I LOVE that game!) version for psx? I though psx only had Chrono Cross?

Linux Enthusiast

Linux Guru
    You don't say? Thank you so much! =D

Linux Enthusiast
    you're very welcome