Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been using AutoDesk AutoCAD under Windows 2000 and XP for a little while now and everything else on my SuSE box. Just recently, I have switched EVERYTHING to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

AutoCAD for Fedora Core 2 (Linux)

I have been using AutoDesk AutoCAD under Windows 2000 and XP for a little while now and everything else on my SuSE box. Just recently, I have switched EVERYTHING to Fedora Core 2. I am not curious to see if anyone knows a CAD program that will run on Fedora (or any version of Linux) that is most like AutoDesk (or any high-grade AutoCAD program).

Thanks in advance.

Linux Newbie
    You'll need to Google for these because I don't feel like it.
    QCAD, Varicad, Cycas, LinuxCAD, CAM Expert, SISCAD-P, ME-10, CAD-DA, Microstation, Varimetrix.
    For the full AutoCAD experience you'll likely need to run AutoCAD.
    <rant>
    That won't happen on Linux until you AutoCAD get dead in the middle of AutoDesks back and demand it.
    </rant>
    However, With the tools listed above, individually or in some combination, you should be able to satisfy most if not all your CAD needs.
    OH NOOOOO!!!!!! You did it the way I said?

Just Joined!
    Have a look at GraphiteOne, which claims to be very much like AutoCAD, such that an AutoCAD user can transition with little difficulty. It's free, which is a BIG plus over AutoCAD.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close