Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I have recently installed WineX on Mandrake 9.1. I have installed by RPM and by compiling from source. When I run wine I get the following error, wine: lstat /home/brandon/.wine/wineserver-BS-26-d28c/socket ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

WineX Problems

I have recently installed WineX on Mandrake 9.1. I have installed by RPM and by compiling from source. When I run wine I get the following error,

wine: lstat /home/brandon/.wine/wineserver-BS-26-d28c/socket : No such file or directory

Has any body else got this error. Any ideas.

Linux Guru
    Try running "rmdir ~/.wine/wineserver*". I think that's a bug in WineX that it doesn't clean up that directory.

Just Joined!
    That works, but do you know of a more permanent fix so I don't have to do that every time?

Linux Guru
    Well, like I said, it's a bug, so the best way to fix it permenantly would be to fix that in the source.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolda2000
    Try running "rmdir ~/.wine/wineserver*". I think that's a bug in WineX that it doesn't clean up that directory.
    thanx, just had a simular problem and you gave me the right angle to search for the solution heheh ... thanx

Just Joined!
    I seem to have a smiliar problem with winex3 pre-realease, could somebody tell me where I can get the lates version of WineX (3 - final), before I post my problem here.

Thnx in advance

Linux Guru
    The latest version can always be found at WineX's sourceforge page, http://sourceforge.net/projects/winex/.

Just Joined!
    I've seen this page before but I can't see where to click to download, it just says "This Project Has Not Released Any Files", so what do I click on to donwload it?

Linux Guru
    You'll have to download it using CVS.

Just Joined!
    I see, but isn't there a way for me to install it from a RPM package?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast