Find the answer to your Linux question:
Helo Im a new member I have a net server with linux.. I need to know how to make shell's... with shells im saying that i want shells like the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Post Need to know how to make shell's

Helo
    Im a new member

I have a net server with linux..
    I need to know how to make shell's...

with shells im saying that i want shells like the hosting companhy's give to clients..
    a webspace in linux that have acess " SSH, FTP "...
    this shells are used to put mirc bot's, or bnc's.. used in mirc to make our nick online always online...

need help
    waiting for it..
    thank you masterth3

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by masterth3 View Post
    Helo
    Im a new member

I have a net server with linux..
    I need to know how to make shell's...

with shells im saying that i want shells like the hosting companhy's give to clients..
    a webspace in linux that have acess " SSH, FTP "...
    this shells are used to put mirc bot's, or bnc's.. used in mirc to make our nick online always online...

need help
    waiting for it..
    thank you masterth3
    I guess you mean "how to provide shell accounts".

There are many ways. Probably the easiest one is to just set up sshd, which might siut you or not depending on the requisites you need.

It's usually just as trivial as to install ssh using your package manager (openssh, sshd or whatever it's called on your distro). Then you need to launch the daemon (that's also distro dependent). Once the server is launched, and assuming that the configuration is sane enough by default, you should be able to connect using ssh from command line to open a shell.

Code:
    ssh your-user-name@your-server-name
    or even

Code:
    ssh your-user-name@your-server-IP
    You'll need the password. For passwordless authentication you need to look into rsa (or better, dsa) key pair. This will allow you very secure passwordless logins as long as you have the relevant keys on the correct places.

There are tons of documents in the net describing how to set that up.

Another way would be to set up an ftp server, though it's way less flexible and not nearly as secure as ssh is, overall if this is going to involve bots and similar creatures.

Just Joined!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by i92guboj View Post
    I guess you mean "how to provide shell accounts".

There are many ways. Probably the easiest one is to just set up sshd, which might siut you or not depending on the requisites you need.

It's usually just as trivial as to install ssh using your package manager (openssh, sshd or whatever it's called on your distro). Then you need to launch the daemon (that's also distro dependent). Once the server is launched, and assuming that the configuration is sane enough by default, you should be able to connect using ssh from command line to open a shell.

Code:
    ssh your-user-name@your-server-name
    or even

Code:
    ssh your-user-name@your-server-IP
    You'll need the password. For passwordless authentication you need to look into rsa (or better, dsa) key pair. This will allow you very secure passwordless logins as long as you have the relevant keys on the correct places.

There are tons of documents in the net describing how to set that up.

Another way would be to set up an ftp server, though it's way less flexible and not nearly as secure as ssh is, overall if this is going to involve bots and similar creatures.
    tanks.
    another question : )
    can you provide me an administration panel of shell accounts, its a panel thats it made on c code that it shows ween we are on a shell acc... it will be very usefull for me... can you pls? : ) cordialy masterth3 i dont know how to made that but i know how to change the language of it