Find the answer to your Linux question:
i need to install ns2 but its showing no gcc is installed i have extracted gcc-4.3.1.tar.bz2 file and dont know what to do there is an instaal-sh file i tried ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question gcc-4.3.1 installation

i need to install ns2 but its showing no gcc is installed i have extracted gcc-4.3.1.tar.bz2 file and dont know what to do
    there is an instaal-sh file i tried to install it by $sh install-sh but no input file error is shown

what should i do i am stuck in this step only

and please if i have pasted in wrong thread i am sorry since i am a newbie here

Hi and Welcome !

Which Linux distro/version are you using? You can install gcc through default Package Manager of your distro easily.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    dude i am using windows and using cugwin tool

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Its Cygwin not Cugwin.

I have never used Cygwin and I can't provide any help in this matter. I hope someone will chime in soon and let you know the necessary steps.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

With Cygwin you can install this through the installation program. Start it up again, and look through the packages it has available. Click on all the development ones, hit install, and it will download and add them to your current installation.

I'm not on a windows machine right now, but it should be easy enough to figure out.
    Registered Linux user #388328 || Registered LFS user #15880
    AMD 64 X2 4600+ :: 2X1GB DDR2 800 :: GeForce 9400 GT 512MB :: ASUS M2N32 Deluxe :: 4X250GB SATAII
    Need instant help? Try us on IRC -- #linuxforums on freenode