Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, I can't install susi ( Download Susi 1.0 for Linux - Susi is a project which provides a talking bot written in Python. - Softpedia ) that requires ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Help with Susi

Hi guys,
    I can't install susi ( Download Susi 1.0 for Linux - Susi is a project which provides a talking bot written in Python. - Softpedia ) that requires Python to work. It's an amazing application...
    Please help!

Angry

Oh Thanks Guys That Was Very Helpful!

Well you have to give us more information like what error are you getting what distro are you using the more info you give the easier it is to get help

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubman View Post
    Oh Thanks Guys That Was Very Helpful!
    Mmm, sarcasm is not going to help you. People here help on a voluntary basis, they are not paid to help you. And sometimes there's simply no one that can help you.

You actually didn't give any info other that you want to install susi.

Read the installation manuals, the info on their website, try to actually make it work, and then if it doesn't work describe what you did, and in what sense it's not working: symptoms, error messages, whatever.

Right now we have no info to assist you. And probably none around even knows about susi.

Well I install Python. Ok. Then I press the three files inside the susi folder, nothing... Please download it and test it It would be very helpful

Linux Guru
    It contains only a couple of python files and a php page which acts a a web frontend, so you need probably a web server with php enabled to be able to use it, then upload the directory to your web server and you will get a very simple web page at http://yoursite/susi/index.php

If you were expecting a regular user program maybe susi is not what you were looking for in first place. If you don't mind using a web interface you should be able to install apache with php support on your home machine, then put the susi dir into the server and go to localhost on your browser.

This is shipped with no docs at all, and the author web site doesn't help either so I doubt you will find any support at all unless you directly write to the susi's author.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by i92guboj View Post
    It contains only a couple of python files and a php page which acts a a web frontend, so you need probably a web server with php enabled to be able to use it, then upload the directory to your web server and you will get a very simple web page at http://yoursite/susi/index.php

If you were expecting a regular user program maybe susi is not what you were looking for in first place. If you don't mind using a web interface you should be able to install apache with php support on your home machine, then put the susi dir into the server and go to localhost on your browser.

This is shipped with no docs at all, and the author web site doesn't help either so I doubt you will find any support at all unless you directly write to the susi's author.
    Oh... So it's more complicated right? Hm... It suppose to be a talking program as I know. But weird... Anyway, thanks for your help. IF anyone get it working, please post it. It wound be just amazing!