Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
see, that is why I love linux. No matter what is wrong, if you look at it enough you will find the answer. You can turn every single logging mechanism ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Enthusiast

see, that is why I love linux. No matter what is wrong, if you look at it enough you will find the answer. You can turn every single logging mechanism on, and watch every single step of the way, what happens, when, why. And even if you don't have the knowledge to there are always people willing to just have a glance, see if it is anything they can help with. Mmm open source
    I respectfully decline the invitation to join your delusion.

Linux Guru
    I agree with you completely. I will never forget when I were to solve a problem with something that someone had done with MS's IDC (internet database connector) extension in IIS. The only thing thing I could ever get out of it was a HTTP 500 error. Not matter what logging options and whatever I turned on, there just wasn't anymore information to get from it. I know it was something simple, like some permission things or something, but since I could get any information out of it whatsoever, iIt all ended with that I had to rewrite it in ASP instead. Mmmm proprietary software...

Just Joined!
    Dolda you suggested that I do this: "mv ~/.mozilla ~/.mozilla-bk", and see if it makes it better.

But I always though the mozilla file was the "executable" file, and deleting .mozilla was like deleting mozilla.exe, and not some profile file.

Can you correct me in my misunderstanding?

Linux Guru
    Indeed, mozilla is the executable file, but that is /usr/bin/mozilla. ~/.mozilla is the same is .mozilla in your home directory (the shell expands ~ to /home/username). The dot is to hide the file (ie. files that begin with a dot don't normally get listed. Use ls -a to list all files). .mozilla isn't a file, but a directory. It keeps your personal profiles and preferences, plus all user-wide plugins.

Just Joined!
    You can't double-click fast enough!

-looks around and sees nobody laughing-

Linux Guru
    HARHARHAR! Ummm... You missed out a crucial detail, though, which kinda removed the point of that (otherwise really great =) ) joke: he wasn't double clicking...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2