Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a problem with my newly installed Firefox browser 0.9.3 on Fedora 2. Everything went smooth and I even installed Flash but now my question is that when I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Firefox Problem

I have a problem with my newly installed Firefox browser 0.9.3 on Fedora 2.

Everything went smooth and I even installed Flash but now my question is that when I have one session of Firefox open , I can minimize that browser page and open up an email that has a new URL in it - I select the URL & expect to see a new Firefox browser page open with the requested URL opening.

What I get instead is a window from Firefox that asks me what profile I want to select - all I see is a default profile and I am unable to select that to open a 2nd page of firefox. I don't know if Firefox is getting confused that now the email application is calling for it or what?

I can just again click the Firefox shortcut on my desktop as many times as I want to open multiple sessions of pages like IE but only when I use the email link from my email do I get this.

I made sure that in GNOME my prefered application browser is Firefox.

Can someone help me fix this issue - is it a known bug with Linux? I can't find anything so I came here for some help

Linux User
    This script should remedy the problem:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/firefox

# get URL to load
    url=$1; [ -z $url ] && url=about:blank

# try xremote first
    ~/firefox/mozilla-xremote-client openURL\($url,new-tab\) && exit 0

# if xremote failed, then launch the browser
    exec /usr/bin/artsdsp ~/firefox/firefox $url
    Change "~/firefox" to the location where you installed it and do "chmod a+x script_name" to make it executable. I use this script in every place firefox is necessary (so I guess you should put path to it in place of plain firefox in Gnome config). Optionally, change new-tab to new-window so that new windows appear instead of new tabs. Hope this helps, best regards.
    "I don't know what I'm running from
    And I don't know where I'm running to
    There's something deep and strange inside of me I see"